FNB E-Wallet withdrawal FAQ
- How to withdraw via FNB E-Wallet?
- What is a temporary ATM pin?
- What if I lose my cellphone?
- What if I change my cellphone number?
- What if I forget or block my ATM pin?
- When will I receive my withdrawal?
- Are there any withdrawal fees or max withdrawal limits?
1. How to withdraw via FNB E-Wallet?
- Log into your Sportingbet account
- Navigate to the ‘cashier’ option in your account section
- Select withdraw
- Select FNB E-Wallet as your method of payment
- Confirm your amount and cellphone number
- Confirm the details are correct and complete the withdrawal
You will receive a confirmation SMS. Dial *120*277# and follow the prompts to access your funds.
Visit any FNB ATM to withdraw your funds
2. What is a temporary ATM pin?
This is the pin you will receive from Sportingbet to draw your cash at the ATM.
3. What if I lose my cellphone?
Call the FNB contact centre on 087 575 9405 to block the FNB E-Wallet . The agent will explain how to obtain a new number and access the FNB E-Wallet.
4. What if I change my cellphone number?
Always make sure you are confirming the correct cellphone when processing the FNB E-Wallet withdrawal. This is very important.
5. What if I forget or block my ATM pin?
You would need to contact our customer service team to provide you with a new ATM pin.
6. When will I receive my withdrawal?
Your withdrawal will be processed within the same day you request it.
7. Are there any withdrawal fees or max withdrawal limits?
TThere are no fees incurred on the First withdrawal. Maximum withdrawal amount is R3000 and the maximum balance you can have in your FNB EWallet at any given time is R25000.