User Account Protection
Keeping your login information secure
Points to consider on how to keep login information secure:
- Never share a computer account.
- Never use the same password for more than one account.
- Never tell anyone your password, even people who claim to be from customer service or security.
- Never write down your password.
- Never communicate a password by telephone, e-mail or instant messaging.
- Be careful to log off before leaving a computer unattended.
- Change passwords whenever there is suspicion they may have been compromised.
- Keep operating system passwords and application passwords different.
- Password should be alpha-numeric.
- Make passwords random but easy for you to remember.
- Maintain up-to-date anti-virus software.
- Maintain an up-to-date personal firewall.
- Avoid the usage of the Sportingbet account on computers which are accessible to the public eg. Internet cafes.
- Change your password regularly eg. every 90 days.
- Keep your OS, browser, and browser plugins up-to-date.
- Disable or uninstall any software or browser plug-ins you don’t use — this reduces your vulnerability.
How to choose a safe password
- Use both upper- and lower-case letters.
- Passwords should be a minimum of 6 characters.
- Include one or more numerical digits.
- Do not use words found in a dictionary or your personal user information.
- Do not use passwords that match the format of calendar dates, license plate numbers, telephone numbers, or other common numbers.
- Do not use company names or their abbreviations.
- Do not use a password that is the same as your username.
Information on evidence that an account has been compromised
An account may have been compromised if:
- there are changes in your account details that you have not undertaken, such as changes of e-mail address or phone number
- there are account movements that you have not carried out, such as deposits or withdrawals or placed bets
- you receive a notification of a changed password that was not triggered by you
In case you observe any of the above, please change your password and contact Sportingbet customer support immediately.