How do I verify my identity?
If your account isn’t automatically verified upon account creation, you’ll be able to deposit up to 20,000 ZAR before a 28-day verification grace period begins. This deposit limit will be increased to 100,000 ZAR during this period.
You must complete the following steps to have full access to your account:
1. You’ll be prompted to confirm your identity by uploading a photocopy, or taking a picture, of an identification document (passport, national identity card or driving license) including your full name, date of birth, place of birth, and photograph. We’ll also need a proof of address too, which can be a utility bill within the last 3 months. You can send us documents via:
- Our online uploader tool
- Android and iOS apps
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WhatsApp: +27 655 66 6641
2. Once the documents are sent, it’ll take approximately 24 hours for us to verify them with the details you provided upon account creation. If you don’t send documents, or you reach 100,000 ZAR in deposits before the end of the grace period, deposits and withdrawals will be blocked.
3. Once verified, your account will be fully authorised.
For further info on the processing of data during the verification process, please check our Terms and Conditions.